Central Peace Regional Emergency Management

Saddle Hills County, Birch Hills County, Village of Rycroft, Town of Spirit River and MD of Spirit River partner together to maintain the safety of their residents and travellers in the event of an emergency.

A regional emergency plan is in place, and representatives from each municipality make up an entity called the Central Peace – Regional Emergency Management Agency (CP-REM).

It is important to keep a battery-operated radio in your home, along with extra batteries. In the event of an emergency, you can turn to local radio, the Saddle Hills County website, or the Alberta Emergency Alert for information. Municipal offices will also be a good source of information.

As a regional emergency management agency, we are here to assist our residents and ensure the region’s safety in an emergency.

Again, in the case of a communication breakdown in an emergency situation, please look to municipal websites, the Alberta Emergency Alert website and local radio or contact your municipal offices. Both Birch Hills County and Saddle Hills County have backup power, and will be able to answer phone calls when other areas are down.

Know the Risk, Make a Plan, Be Prepared

It is also important to have home emergency kits, in preparation for another event. It is recommended that the following items be included in your kits.

Basic emergency kit items:
  • Easy to carry container in an easy to reach location (find a way to pack your emergency kit so that it can easily be taken with you, if necessary)
  • Water (2 L per day per person – include small bottles that can be carried easily in case of an evacuation order)
  • Food that will not spoil, such as canned or dried foods and energy bars (replace water and food once a year)
  • Manual can opener
  • Flashlight and batteries
  • Battery-operated or wind-up radio
  • Extra batteries
  • First Aid kit
  • Special need items (prescription medications, infant formula or equipment for people with disabilities)
  • Extra keys for your car and house
  • Cash (Smaller bills, like $10 and change for pay phones. Travellers cheques are also useful)
  • Emergency plan (include a copy of it and make sure it includes in-town and out-of-town contact information)
More information can be found at https://www.getprepared.gc.ca/
June 2023
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1